The Pirate’s Alley Faulkner Society, a nationally recognized non-profit arts organization, is a 501 (c) (3) literary and educational institution and, as such, grant donations, membership contributions, and contributions to our fundraisers are fully tax deductible. Important projects of the Faulkner Society are the Double Dealer literary journal; outreach programs for high school and college students; literacy projects for at-risk teenagers in cooperation with other organizations, including BIG READ projects funded in part by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts; continuing education programs for writers and readers; and a year-round calendar of free literary events such as My New Orleans and Meet the Author, which honor and assist writers and provide high quality literary entertainment for readers.
Our most recent ticketed event was our annual fundraiser and overture to the summer social season.
Our next ticketed events will be events of Words & Music, a Literary Feast in New Orleans, November 20 – November 24, 2014.
Faulkner Society Impact!
Projects of the Faulkner Society have a positive impact for some 6,500 persons annually. We urge you to support our programs by becoming a member. For a membership form, e-mail us at Faulkhouse@aol.com. The Society’s most ambitious annual undertakings are:
- William Faulkner – William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition
- Words & Music, A Literary Feast in New Orleans
- Workshops, Master Classes, Manuscript Critiques for Developing Writers
- Literacy Initiatives for Teenagers At-Risk for Illiteracy, Including BIG READ
- The Double Dealer literary journal and Student Intern Program
- Free Monthly Sessions of Meet the Author and My New Orleans Events for Dedicated Readers
- Joint Ventures with other Non-Profits to Embellish the City’s Cultural Resources