Words & Music: A Literary Feast in New Orleans is thrilled to present four days of celebrating the arts in New Orleans.
This year's theme, "Mapping Change," allows us to explore how the arts can serve as vehicles for social justice. Through presentations on literature, music, film, and history, we will examine past and present changes in our city.
Festival highlights include:
- A Keynote presentation by Rebecca Solnit and Joshua Jelly-Shapiro
- A Keynote presentation by DaMaris Hill in conversation with Maurice Carlos Ruffin
- A historical tour by Malik Bartholomew of Know NOLA Tours
- A performance by the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- A late night literature session, "Poets Respond to Gentrification"
- A panel on black community theater in New Orleans
- A literature and lunch session at Dooky Chase Restaurant
- The second annual Poets & Po'Boys
- AND MUCH MORE!!!
Proceeds from the festival benefit One Book One New Orleans, a nonprofit organization dedicated to adult literacy in the Greater New Orleans area.